Anyone want to try playing Stardust music?

xn--49s90ybg2k

Anyone want to try playing Stardust music?

Post by xn--49s90ybg2k »

Any singers/guitarers/drummers/pianoers want to try playing Stardust music?

This is the idea--

Someone picks a song. I will try to play the drum part. We record ourselves playing our individual instruments and post here. I will mix them all up and post the result.

I am beginner drummer (had 12 lessons--not 12 years of lessons--12 lessons--then COVID closed the school), so I can't play fast or complicated stuff. But I can simplify the drums until I can play it. Though for difficult songs (i.e. almost all Stardust songs) the simplification won't resemble the original.

Of the sheet music I have, I think I can learn 走れ! by MMC. I can play ムーンライト伝説 (not a Stardust song, but just about every idol group has covered it) at about 130BPM--it should be 141BPM, but that's too fast for me. All the other songs I've seen would require major simplification. Though I am willing to try any song.

It'll likely sound terrible. But who cares?

Mattthecat
Administrator

Re: Anyone want to try playing Stardust music?

Post by Mattthecat »

That sounds like a swell idea :-)

Given that this forum isn't frequented that heavily...
have you tired suggesting this at the discord as well?
There may be more people there

xn--49s90ybg2k

Re: Anyone want to try playing Stardust music?

Post by xn--49s90ybg2k »

Since at least one person expressed at least some interest (thanks matthecat!), I recorded ムーンライト伝説.

Here is sheet music for ムーンライト伝説. bass.pdf drums.pdf guitar.pdf piano.pdf vocals.pdf It is my transcription for the drums. Other parts are ripped off the internet.

I recorded drum part. I can't play at 141 BPM. So I played it at 115 BPM and sped it up to 141 BPM. 2021-03-17 Moonlight Densetsu drums.mp3. Wow!--that sounds crappy. Need to practice more.

Here is drums mixed with Moon Lips cover. 2021-03-17 mixed.mp3.

Please record your instrument and post here!

Set your metronome to a comfortable tempo. Play your part and post it here. Tell me the tempo, so I can adjust it so everything lines up. Even if you don't play bass/drums/guitar/piano or sing, please participate anyway! Harmonica, beat box, accordion--anything is welcome, as long as you are not just swearing into a tuba or something like that.

Or play whatever song you like--I will try to add drums if I can. Just play to metronome, so we can make everything line up.

Return to “The Lounge”